Happiness is a choice. It is not a matter of your circumstances. Here are some choices that happy people make to lead happy, love-filled, healthy, successful lives!
1. Release resentments. Hey, I believe resentment ruins more great resentments. Learn to communicate and let go. You will find that misery does not love company. Instead, be one to forgive easily.
2. Practice random acts of kindness. Every time you reach out to do something kind, your brain produces serotonin, a hormone that eases tension and lifts your spirits. Start practicing random acts of kindness and you will find your entire day brightens. Offer to return a grocery cart for someone, grab a second cup of coffee to give to someone.
3. Express gratitude for what you already have! If you are reading this, you are already in the 1% club of people in the world. As you write or say out loud what you are grateful for, you vibration increases. It invokes the infinite energy source to bring you more of the same! What we focus on expands.
4. Learn to laugh more. Don't sweat the small stuff. Learn to laugh more and worry less. Ask yourself, "Will this matter a year from now?" Heck, some of the things we get bent out of shape about won't even matter tomorrow. I've had to learn this most with my kids. Do not pass on the "worry bug" to your kids. If you can learn to laugh at things, they can, too!
5. Speak well of others. Gossip is a happiness killer. It leaves everyone feeling guilty which is the second lowest vibration next to depression. It's high is fleeting. The more you put good out in the world, the more it will come back to you! Discipline yourself to speak only well of others. If there is an issue to address with someone, talk to them privately so you can resolve it without resentment. See Item #1.
6. Take full responsibility for your life. Happy people don’t make excuses or blame others for their own failures in life. Instead, they own up to their mistakes and, by doing so, they proactively try to change for the better.
7. Be present. Bring your attention to what you are doing NOW. Who are you with? What are you enjoying? Worrying about the past or thinking too much about the future robs you of Happiness Energy. Happy people savor the moment.
8. Avoid comparing yourself to others. You will find you are happier if you design a life for yourself that is not based on what others want, but what you want. And, if you decide to do something that others are doing, you have your own pace. Praise others for their accomplishments and praise yourself for yours. Take the course at the pace that makes you happiest! And, stop worrying about what other people think of you!
9. Choose your friends wisely. Create a pool of positive energy around you. Choose happy friends with healthy lifestyles who you enjoy being around. If you've been hanging out with "Woe is me" friends, or worse yet, if you've been the ring-leader of the tribe, get out. Get out now! It has been said that our lives are a compilation of the lives of the top five people we hang out with most.
10. Rest your mind. Meditating is easier than most people think it is. Take at least 10 minutes in the morning to simply reflect and calm your mind. You can start with a daily devotional and then close your eyes and allow that feeling of the devotional come over you. Or, visualize something that puts in a calm and peaceful feeling. I thoroughly enjoy spending time sitting in a window or outside with my face towards the sun. It resets your biorhythms and the effect is amazing!
11. Eat well. It's difficult to be happy if you don't feel well. Eating junk food makes you tired, lethargic and sluggish. Everything you eat directly affects your body’s ability to produce hormones, which will dictate your moods, energy, and mental focus. Be sure to eat foods that will keep your mind and body in good shape. I have found that eating mostly vegetables with meat works best for me. I have eliminated almost all grains which increase inflammation in the body. I also have a a few key supplements I take like Protandim which also reduces inflammation by 40% in 30 days. 1
2. Exercise. Studies have shown that exercise raises happiness levels just as much as Zoloft does. Exercising also boosts your self-esteem and gives you a higher sense of self-accomplishment. You don't have to run marathons or go to the gym five days a week. Take a walk around the block. Grab a pair of weights and lift them. Get moving! Make if fun. Invite a positive, uplifting person to join you!
13. Sleep well. Getting the deep REM sleep (Stage 5) that your body needs is vitally important. Start by keeping a regular sleeping schedule. Wake at the same time each morning weekday and weekends.
14. Live minimally. Keeping lots of things around that you don't need...clutter... can energetically weigh you down and make you feel overwhelmed--robbing you of happiness ju-ju. Start today by eliminating nine or 27 things that you don't need. Feng shui teaches that you by choosing a multiple of nine in anything you do, creates more energy. Also, ask yourself one of three questions when you are considering keeping something. 1. Is it useful? Do I need it? 2. Is it beautiful? 3. Do I love it? Make a point to surround yourself with things that meet this criteria and you will find yourself feeling lighter.
15. Tell the truth. Lying is one of the biggest stressors out there. It is overwhelming to constantly be wondering if you are going to be found out. If you can't tell the truth, then be quiet. And, it is important to live in truth, too. Stop being shady. Stop withholding information. Stop doing things that don't make you feel good. Live life out in the open and honest and you will feel such a huge sense of freedom in your life.
16. Accept what cannot be changed. Life isn't fair. Stuff happens. Do not live in the place where you worry about things you cannot change. This is called DRAMA. Create a drama free life by focusing only on what you can change. You can begin by writing 3 down three things you are grateful for each day. Studies show that by writing down three unique gratitudes each day for at least 21 days, you can significantly change your happiness factor.
She used manifesting to become a top informercial host selling over $50 Million on TV. She is the author of The Power of Manifesting and teaches executives, entrepreneurs and amazing people how to manifest so they can live a higher quality life.
If you'd like to get started, please download a FREE Copy of The Manifesting ProcessTM, her super easy, 6-steps to manifesting.
I have used these 6 Simple Steps over and over to become a Top Infomercial Host selling over $50 Million on TV, create a consistent 6-figure income, relocate my family to warmer weather and better schools, and develop incredible relationships. I promise you, if I can do it, you can do it.
Start your week of right with Manifesting Monday sent directly to your inbox. You'll also receive super cool tools and insights for living a high-qulity life.